Another round of weekly updates from the Dart team:
- Language-wise, mirror implementation and testing in flight.
- In the VM, the new compiler pipeline compiles 90+% of all methods in frog. We support regular expressions as patterns in String methods and implemented spawnFunction in the new isolates API. First steps of adding thread pool support for isolates and native ports. Support in the Dart C API for prologue weak persistent handles.
- We now have Dartium on Windows.
- In the Dart Editor, we added new “SDK” entry in Files view to show dart: libraries and undo support for new Files view plus other improvements and fixes. Omnibox fixes. We updated analysis to support adjacent string literals.
- On Dart Server, we landed support for native extensions on all platforms and we’ll write up documentation on how to write native extensions in the near future. We also added proper escaping to Windows Process arguments and added writeString method to OutputStream. Finally there is work in progress to improve error reporting from all native APIs.
- O’Reilly published a short What is Dart? ebook.