In an effort to help capture tips and clarifications of our API docs, we've just turned on an experimental comment system for api.dartlang.org. We invite the community to help build out a great documentation resource for Dart.
We will moderate the comments heavily, ensuring only actual clarifications, examples, tips, etc remain. We will moderate and possibly delete comments that do not directly assist other users of the API docs. The API doc comments are not the place for:
- Bugs (please use dartbug.com)
- Support questions (please use StackOverflow)
- Discussions (please use firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Notes in languages other than English (because we can't moderate those effectively)
- Links to other websites
The API doc comments are the perfect place for:
- Snippets showing best practice usage of the API
- Clarifications of the API
- Example code using the API
Because we may incorporate information from comments into the documentation, any comment submitted here is under the same license as the documentation.
With your help, this experiment will help you share your experience with the API so that others may have an easier time getting started with Dart.