- Summer vacations are wrapping up, back to work! The Dart project ramps up for the M1 release, which delivers a more stable language and implementations.
Dart language specification:
- Version 0.11 is almost ready - this is pretty much the M1 version.
- Mixin proposal to be published.
Dart libraries [core, unittest, i18n, etc]:
- Ability to make temporal assertions with the mocking library
- Work in progress on sharing the source for the dart: library implementations across VM and dart2js.
- New language features implemented: “non-constant initializers for fields” (bug 3848), “static methods are compile-time constants” (bug 3406), “operator syntax” (bug 3767), “getter syntax” (bug 3608), “on-catch support” (bug 3757).
- Switched to using SSA-based optimizing compiler both on ia32 and x64.
- Using type propagation to eliminate assignability checks to improve checked mode speed.
- Added support for external and patch to enable shared core library sources.
- 20% decrease in initial heap size for new isolates.
- Improved noSuchMethod handling to limit the explosion in code size that used to arise from using the feature anywhere in the code base.
- Started propagating type information through parameters to generate smaller and faster output.
- Introduced basic framework for providing type information to the compiler backend, which will be used to experiment with global concrete type inferencing.
- Added primitive support for external and patch to enable shared core library sources.
- Close to be able to bundle the whole dart2js into a monolithic Dart file
- An initial implementation of a 'Create Method' quick fix. This will create a method definition to satisfy a reference to a non-existent method. You can access this functionality through the ctrl/command-1 keystroke; currently only top-level functions are supported.
- Several analysis fixes and various updates to our analysis code for M1 language support.
- We now include optional parameters in completion proposals.
- There is a new Breakpoints view to view your debugger breakpoints.
- Enhanced ‘Open Folder...’ to better support opening very large applications.
- Fixes to the Apps view and enhancements to our Welcome page.
Dart UI [dart:html, web components]:
- Dart web components work has begun on github
Dart SDK and build:
- /lib being split into /lib and /pkg well underway.
- Read-only site for pub.dartlang.org (not live yet).
- Support for installing packages from a package hosting site (like pub.dartlang.org when it’s up).
- Windows support for Pub is coming along.
- New documentation with more coming.
Dart Server [dart:io, etc.]:
- Work in progress on HTTPS support.
Dart Dev Rel: