- Dart is getting closer to reaching Milestone 1. We have been doing a lot of M1 bug-fixing across sub components. There is now a Dart web components sample available. We have a new pub package layout and the editor now comes with the possibility to auto-update.
- Lots of SDK changes: dart:dom was removed and several libraries moved from dart-sdk/lib to dart-sdk/pkg.
- Run the Dartdoc tool from the Editor - see Tools > Generate Dartdoc.
- Code completion now supports the method cascades syntax (foo..and()..another()..thing()).
- New clean up to convert old optional parameters to the new optional named ones where possible.
- New refactoring to convert optional positional parameters to named.
- New "Convert Method to Getter" refactoring.
- Rename refactoring improvements - if there are potential references to a field or method, we will warn the user and display a preview dialog.
- New Quick Fix to create a library import for unresolved functions and fields.
- No longer report 'no such method' warnings if class defines 'noSuchMethod()'.
- Warnings created for inferred types are now displayed only in the source itself - See them in the Problems view by toggling the 'show informational messages' button.
- Using the old catch syntax is now an error.
- Files view now displays whether a dart: library is client only (like dart:html) or server only (like dart:io).
- New preference to enable code folding.
- Fixed an issue where our search box would not consistently show SDK types.
- Fix for a crash related to the break-on-exceptions feature, and for a crash that could occurred when launching Dartium with breakpoints set.
- Various analysis fixes, debugger UX improvements, and performance improvements for large projects.
Dart UI [dart:html, web components]:
- Dart web components sample out on https://github.com/dart-lang/dart-web-components
- Lots of M1 bugfixing happening in dart:html
Dart SDK and build:
- lib/ directory split into lib/ and pkg/ . In the SDK, lib/ and dart: are now identical.
- Integrate bootstrap into pub.dartlang.org and give it a basic look and feel
- Show description, authors, and homepage on package pages
- Integrate docs into pub.dartlang.org
- Work on launch process for pub.dartlang.org: talk to pcounsel, create launch, write design doc and privacy design doc, etc.
- Change package layout, and update pub, explain to the list, update our packages, and update the docs
Dart Server [dart:io, etc.]:
- Lots of M1 bugfixing.
Dart Dev Rel