The Dart project continues to move forward rapidly, and Anders Sandholm fills us in on what members of the Dart team have been doing recently:
Dart Team Updates, Mar 6 - 19
Dart language specification:
- Make mixins more useful (apply to arbitrary superclasses).
- More consistent treatment of malformed types.
- Examining mechanisms to suppress warnings and checked mode when needed.
- Liberalizing function subtyping.
- Develop synchronous mirror API for introspection.
- Added List.asMap
- remove deprecated Arrays, Date and StringBuffer.add/addAll/
- num.round, ceil, floor and truncate now return ints.
- rename xMatching to xWhere.
- Added Stream.periodic and rename Timer.repeating to Timer.periodic.
- Made argument to StringSink.writeln optional.
- Started adding support for detecting and working with symbolic links.
- Added support for gzip encoding in the http server.
- Lots of bugfixing after the introduction of dart:io v2. It is looking stable again.
- Much more cleanup - e.g., converting maps to name parameters.
- Canvas DrawImage improvements
- Landed initial support for deferred loading of libraries.
- Lots of improvements to the way we deal with generics.
- First round of code size and performance improvements based on global type inferencing. We’re seeing some pretty good results and our scores on DeltaBlue and Richards have improved by ~27% and 8% respectively.
- Started working on dart:typeddata support in dart2js.
- Work in progress on using dart:typeddata for typed arrays in dart:html. This will dramatically speed up WebGL performance in Dartium.
- Various improvements in debugger support
- Bug fixes
- New analyzer available via experimental preference. (work in progress, all features not enabled yet).
- Package root preferences removed in favor of --package-root cmd line option
- Reduced heap usage by ~25%.
- Fixed a memory leak which could eventually consume 10% of the heap.
- Fixed a notable Editor performance issue related to Pub and symlinks
- More work on the new tech scheduling framework: scheduled processes and servers
- Development dependencies
- Fixed more bugs
Dart Dev Rel (sethladd)