To make a great language that can be used to write great programs means we need to work together. The DEP process is how we do that. We want to:
- Create an open, collaborative, and inclusive Dart ecosystem.
- Be responsive to developer needs.
- Give the community a sense of shared ownership and stewardship.
- Be transparent about the work leading to Dart language changes.
- Ensure rationale for changes (or decisions not to change) is clearly communicated.
- Close the loop and check if stakeholders are happy before a change is finalized.