Some of you have asked what the bigger picture is with what we’re working on. The Dart team has the following items on their radar. There is no particular order or priority implied, nor is this exhaustive, but these are some of the features we are either working on or intend to work on.
Across all components we are working improving performance and stability.
- Dart language and libraries
- Language see http://goo.gl/2Z9ZY (Area-Language, Milestone-M1)
- dart:html: parity with the deprecated dart:dom, IndexedDB
- dart:io: HTTPS, improved HTTP support, optimize performance
- Package manager: discover, install, upgrade, version, and publish.
- Date refactoring
- Continued work on Future and Isolates API
- Dart Editor
- background analysis (which will provide a significant speedup)
- debugging support (browser and VM)
- simple refactoring support (various rename options to start)
- search improvements (like text search in libraries)
- Dart VM
- debugging standalone and server programs (from command line and from Editor).
- conformance with the language spec (in particular synchronize with dart2js when implementing new features)
- implementation of mirror based reflection
- improved handling of GC
- rollout of optimizations to the new compiler pipeline
- Dartium and Dart + Dev Tools
- dev tools debugger to understand Dart scripts
- dart2js to replace frog
- conformance with the language spec
- improve size and performance of generated JS code
As always, thanks for trying Dart! Please join the Dart mailing list for discussions, and check out Stack Overflow for how-to questions. Please use http://dartbug.com to file bugs and issues.