Posted by Anders Sandholm
Quick update on what happened in Dart-land this week.
- Dart language specification revisions for version 0.08 are ongoing: cascades, lazy init, liberalized string constants, relaxed compile-time errors.
- In the Dart VM, the new compiler infrastructure now compiles about half of the methods in frog and we have better support for source breakpoints. We implemented Dart C API for weak reference sets (aka object grouping) and automatic concatenation of string literals. Finally, we have better resolution of URIs in the dart standalone binary.
- The Dart Editor has a new Files view which replaces the old Libraries view. We also made a switch to perform analysis against Dart SDK runtime libraries and cleaned up wizards, welcome page, and UI to reflect switch to new Files view. The editor has improved launch configurations and analysis engine (DartC) and we modified "native" keyword analysis to support usage in Frog.
- On the Dart UI front, we enabled wrapperless HTML which reduces size of swarm from 750K->450K. Also, utf libraries merged.
- In dart:io, we landed extensions and bug fixes to the HTTP libraries and the initial native extension library support is well under way.
- On dartlang.org, we have a new left navigation organization and published Bootstrap into Dart language (part one) and added an Exceptions section to the language tour.