On Dart core libraries we've introduced a library fork in experimental/lib_v2. Discussions and prototypes on Streams (called “Observable” in C#). Started work on refactoring the collections library. (Almost) removed library core_impl. noSuchMethod now takes an InvocationMirror.
In the dart:io library, we've implemented HTTP session and HTTP basic authentication support. We fixed bugs in the HTTP library and fixed a bug that caused Pub to fail (because of accessing files open in other processes on Windows). We're also working on improving IO performance and started landing HTTPS support.
For dart:html, we now have implementations and interfaces merged, dart:svg is split from dart:html and there's new support for keycodes.
In the Dart VM, the GC is now collecting unreferenced compiled code to avoid running out of code heap. The compiler now has bounds check elimination for some array accesses and we're doing investigations into better mega-morphic call site dispatch and landed first handling of related excessive de-optimizations. In the runtime, we've changed internal string representation to be UTF-16 in accordance to the updated language specification. Finally, we've worked on stability and bug fixes.
In the Dart Editor there's a new auto-recovery feature: The content of open editors is remembered and restored if a crash occurs. The Editor now uses the dart2js snapshot in the SDK. Compile times for the clock sample went from 9.8 seconds to 4.6 seconds. Saves in the editor are significantly faster. Times for our test file for saves went from 900ms to 30ms. The editor reports errors for using deprecated #library #import #source directives. It also resolves and refactor-renames [id] and [new id] references in documentation comments. Quick Fix to create missing “part” file.
On Pub, we've fixed bugs and improved error messages, created an HTTP package, added curl (for HTTPS) and multipart MIME support to HTTP package and uploaded lots of packages!
On Dart Web Components, we added ability to compose web components out of other components, the spec is in progress and we continued to fix many bugs from use community.
We are constantly asking ourselves:
How do we make developers even more productive when writing Dart apps?
We believe that a critical part of the answer to this question is to make strongmode – a sound static type system for Dart – the standard for all Dart developers.
Teams that use Dart to build apps like Soundtrap, AdWords, AdSense, and Greentea say they really enjoy using strong mode features, such as early error detection. In fact, teams that have switched completely to strong mode cite not only early error detection but also better code readability and maintainability as major benefits. We hear this both from small teams and – even more so – from large teams with hundreds of developers writing and maintaining millions of lines of Dart code. As Björn Sperber from Soundtrap says,
Strong mode and the smooth integration with IntelliJ is a joy to use and a huge improvement.
If you’ve tried out Flutter, you’ve already used strong mode checks from the Dart analyzer.
AngularDart 3.0 is now available. It brings better performance and smaller generated code, while also making you more productive.
Version 3.0 is an evolution: although it has some breaking changes (detailed below), it is a smooth upgrade due to minimal public API adjustments. Most of the progress is under the hood—in code quality, stability, generated code size, performance, and developer experience.
Code quality: 2731 instances of making the framework code more type safe (using sound Dart).The AngularDart framework code size is down by 12%.Many additional style updates to the codebase:Changed to use idiomatic <T> for generic methods.Removed NgZoneImpl, all the code exists in NgZone now.Stability: Many CSS encapsulation fixes due to update with csslib package.Fixed bugs with IE11.
Performance: For the Mail sample app, we see 30% faster time-to-interactive (currently 3812 ms on a simulated 3G connection, measured via Lighthouse).Our large app benchmark shows 2x faster render times of…
AngularDart v4 is now available. We've been busy since the release angular2
v3.1.0 in May. Not only did we "drop the 2", but we also improved the compiler
and tightened up the framework to give you smaller code, we updated the package
structure to improve usability, and we added several new features. Check out the
updated documentation to get
Upgrading to v4 will require more than updating your version constraint. The
package has changed names (back) to angular – dropping the 2.
You'll need to update your pubspec.yaml and the corresponding imports in your
code. In most instances, find-and-replace should do the trick. Going forward,
the package will be called package:angular. We'll just update the version
The updated compiler in 4.0 allows type-based optimizations that not only
improve runtime performance but generate better code because we are able to
strongly type templates. A big result of the update is that many ap…